Sunday 7 February 2016

No red in sight..it must be Valentine's Day!

I have decided to go against the grain and try something a bit different for Valentines this year...yep no red in sight.


I love these little 3 x 3 cards, and you get 8 out of a 12x12 piece so good use of cardstock.

Some have the heart stuck on, and others have the heart cut out and the cardbase is the decorated part.  I love the swirl on the hearts and this comes from my current favourite set Everything Eleanor!

Mats on cards help add both height as well as, I think, helping to focus your eye and gives that extra something to a card.

I have not really used embossing a lot so decided to give it a go and was pleasantly pleased with the effect. The photo doesn't show up the shine as much as it does in real life but the top left card gives you a hint of how shiny it is. Beautiful!

My son loved the idea of embossing so the first thing he asked when up around 6am was could he have a go....how can you say no to that?  So a little after 6am this morning my son and I were crafting! 

Hope that you have some time this weekend to indulge in your passion whatever it might be.  I am hoping to sneak in a little bit more crafting.

Cheers

Sarah


1 comment: