Wednesday 15 July 2015

Is it an Itty Bitty box, or something else??



What a cute little box, or that is what a lot of people think until they open it....



How cute is that?  Pretty cute if I do say so myself. 

An explosion card is not a new idea, however most I have seen have been relatively large, This one however is itty bitty - just 2" square and you can get 4 bases from one piece of 12 x 12 paper.




The choice of how to decorate the panels on the box and the inside are you up to you. I love the Petite Petals stamp and matching punch set (which come in either clear or wood and in a money saving bundle!).  I have fallen in love with Blackberry Bliss as a colour - the photos don't do it justice!  Unfortunately the insert piece is made with a  retired autumn DSP (Designer Series Paper) but the choice with SU is endless and I am sure that you may either have some paper hanging around to use up or there are some lovely new designs in the new catalogue.  Needed a bit of bling with the rhinestones and of the leaves are from the ever useful Bird Builder Punch.

The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs set - an amazingly versatile set and the large oval and scallop oval punch have been used to punch it out!

Really simple to make and I am sure that your recipient will love it!

The measurements are posted below - let me know if you can follow them and also please share your creations.
If you find these hard to read please let me know!!


The belly band is 1" thick and I fold a piece about 10" long around the box and cut as needed - remember to join on the top and cover the join with your sentiment or some other embellishments, just gives a more finished look I think.

Fun to make and even more fun to see the face of the person opening it!







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment