Thursday 9 April 2015

Is a wedding on the way?




As the wedding season is approaching, thought I'd try to make one, as not something I have really done before.

I just love this design and altered it for a wedding.  I found this card fold on Dawn's Griffith's site - isn't it just beautiful?




It is really simple to make, and I am sure it can be adapted to any occasion.

Dimensions Used -all in inches

Main Card - cardstock 11" x 4 1/2" - score on long at 5 1/2 and 2 3/4 and folded into z-shape
Inside Large pieceWhite 4 1/8 x 5 3/8  DSP 4 x 5 1/4
Inside and outside panelsWhite 2 5/8 x 4 1/8  DSP 2 1/2 x 4  (remember need 2 of each)
Small Card:  Cardstock: 3 3/4 x 7 1/2 scored at 3 3/4 :  White 3 5/8 x 3 5/8 (you will need 3 white)
Front Flap - I Used Cardstock; 1 5/8 x ? and DSP 1 1/2 x ?  Yes there is a ? because you can make it as short or as long as you desire!  I used 3" as the length as I used the 1 3/4" scallop punch, and it seemed to fit well. The punch you use, may affect how long you have your front flap.

As for the DSP (designer series paper) I just love the Something Borrowed paper from the Spring/Summer catalogue and think that the Sahara Sand Lace Trim, also from the Spring/Summer catalogue, adds that little bit extra.

The stamp sets used are Everything Eleanor for the flourish, Petite Pairs for the sentiment and the glasses come from the Happy Hour set, a set that covers from Christmas to Cheers!
 
I hope that you like this design and there is a video on Dawn's site to help with the making of it.
 
Happy Crafting and for everyone getting married this wedding season - congratulations!
 
 
Sarah
 
Search my shop from the front screen if any of these products interest you! Or email me directly.
 
                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment